If you’re stumped on what to wear, don’t fret—a costume store isn’t necessary. Some of today’s trends can easily be transformed into fashion’s groovy past. Think floral prints, flared denim, jumpsuits and suede—all of which you’re likely to find in local boutiques or even your own closet.
Here are some of our favorite looks:
1. Layer a suede shift dress over a floral blouse for a comfortable, yet stylish take on ’70s style. Add your favorite pair of ankle boots and tights for the perfect ensemble.
2. Off-the-shoulder blouses aren’t just for summer. Wear yours with your favorite high-waisted, flared denim and a pair of platforms and sunnies—a look that has modern vibes but takes inspiration from the days of disco.
3. A fringe vest worn over a classic little white dress adds a bohemian, ’70s feel to this outfit, which is accessorized with over-sized, round sunglasses and a pair of brown booties that are ideal for dancing.
4. Jumpsuits have been making a comeback for the last several years, and this particular style is no exception. It combines all the elements of a 1970s look but still remains modern and flattering. Add a few bright, cheeky accessories before you step out the door and onto the dance floor.
5. Men: Roll up your jeans, slip on a pair of loafers and show a little chest Saturday for the ultimate laid-back ’70s look.
We want to know: What do you plan to wear to Saturday’s event? Tag @spaceskc in your Instagram photos so we can applaud your ’70s style. If you’re not sure what to expect at the Kemper Gala, here’s a sneak peek: