It won’t be long before the morning alarms are set, the backpacks are packed and the kids are out the door for another school year. This year, send them off with school lunches that not only taste good, but are good for them. Here are five recipes we love:
1. With six servings and only 20 minutes of prep time, these easy Tortilla Rollups from The Pioneer Woman can be made with a variety of ingredients to switch up the recipe from week to week. Make a veggie version one week, followed by shaved ham or roast beef the next week.
2. No cooking required? Count us in. Martha Stewart’s recipe for Taco Salad Wraps makes lunch prep a breeze with mango, avocado, black beans, tomatoes, cheese and other simple ingredients full of flavor.
3. Four ingredients is all it takes to make these Waffle Pressed Pizza Pockets, a lunch that’s not only fun to make but will also appeal to even the pickiest of eaters. The bonus? They only take five minutes to make.
4. Speaking of pizza, we can’t get past how adorable these Pizza Kebabs are. Once again, the ingredient list is simple: All you will need is a package of pita pockets, cheese, pepperonis and olives for a healthy, easy snack for your child’s lunch break.
5. Add a twist to the traditional chicken salad sandwich by making this recipe for Turkey Salad Rolls. Combine diced smoked turkey, mayonnaise, red grapes and sliced celery and pack with a whole wheat hot dog bun in an airtight container for a tasty, satisfying school lunch.